Glendale Area Medical Assoc.

850 Main Street

Coalport, PA  16627

  • Facebook Basic Black
  • Google+ Basic Black
After Hours Call
814-317-1945.
For Life-Threatening Emergencies Call 911

Federal Funding

  • Health Resources and Service Administration

 

Malpractice Insurance

  • FTCA (Federal Tort Claims Act)

      The Glendale Area Medical Association (GAMA) is a non-profit  Federally Qualified Health Center, established in 1979 under section 330 of the Public Health Service Act. GAMA was intended to provide medical care to the populations of northern Cambria and southern Clearfield counties. Because this rural area had few health professionals, the Glendale region was designated as an "underserved" area and thereby qualified for federal grant support to aid in the treatment of low income and underinsured patients. GAMA was founded by Charles Fleming, Louise McMillan, Arlene Henry, Verna Bell, Robert Wilk, Joseph Cossick, Irvin Holes, John Gates, Mary Kay Davis, Paul Winslow, John Burmeister, Vivian McCusker, Robert Bloom and James Laing.

      By 1986, GAMA was able to expand to a satellite facility, the Reade Medical-Dental Center, adding another full-time physician and initiating a dental operation with a full-time dentist 

      After serving the public for its first 19 years in the former Coalport Grade School building(top left), combining its medical/dental services also housed in the former Reade Township High School building(top right) in Mountaindale, GAMA moved to its current location in 1998 at 850 Main Street(bottom left), Coalport, PA.

     GAMA currently has 1 site, employs around 25 individuals and sees around 13,000 patients between its medical and dental practice.